Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Standard C Library for Linux, Part Nine: String Handling


Work in progress.

The last article was on <limits.h> diagnostics for programmers.  This article is on <string.h> string handling. 

I am assuming a knowledge of c programming on the part of the reader.  There is no guarantee of accuracy in any of this information nor suitability for any purpose.

The example is rogers_example09.c this code will talk back to you in a very simple

As always, if you see an error in my documentation please tell me and I will correct myself in a later document.

Copying 
    #include <string.h>void *memcpy(void *s1, const void *s2, size_t n);
    void *memmove(void *s1, const void *s2, size_t n);
    char *strcpy(void *s1, const void *s2);
    char *strncpy(void *s1, const void *s2, size_t n);

No comments:

Post a Comment