Friday, April 20, 2012

Monroe’s Motivated Sequence Speech Outline.

Name:
Date:
Title:
Purpose:  To persuade my audience that  _Specific_Organization_ should _Specific_Action_.
Central Idea:  
Organizational Pattern: Monroe’s Motivated Sequence.

Attention:

Gain attention of audience.
I.
A.
1.
2.
3.
4.
B.

Introduce topic and importance.
II.    

Preview speech body.
III.

Need:

Explain Harm.
I.

Give evidence.
II.

Relate harm to the audience.
III.

Satisfaction:

Explain plan clearly, who enacts, oversees, and cost.
I.

Give evidence.
II.

Visualization:

Explain Benefit of plan, 5 years out, pos or neg visuals.
I.

Give evidence.
II.

Action:

Summarize main points.
I.

Urges specific, vivid appeal for action.  Include survey results, refer back to attention getter.
II. 



References

No comments:

Post a Comment