Friday, August 16, 2024

Making steady progress on the dataobj object creation.

 This was a days hard work of C programming. I have a plan worked out for creating the class and instances for the objects in my C DataObj program. This first one is the hardest one because I still have to hook up all the plumbing in the core. But once I get it sorted out I should be able to really move forward quickly. Knocking out more is just a matter of copying the working directory and renaming a few things. I hope to be reading a file and sending message to an object that emits message to standard out by Sunday.


These are the properties that I am creating for the file reader. Along with the administrative start, stop and message boxes boxes. I want to have the entry at both the instance and class level, so I can create a custom property list to override processing for one instance. If the class instance properties are null, just pass in the class properties list to do the default.

It is also showing off the DataObj variables that are the hallmark of my entire system. Node is a complete data class that can model any other data system and it is built on top of the DataObj variables. No more data typing problems, you want a number but it was stored as a string, it just works. It really simplifies passing in arguments as well. Want to print out a debug message, just format it as a string and pow. It just works.



No comments:

Post a Comment