Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Running AI locally on your own computer

 Was looking into what AI program I could run locally on my computer. 

I found https://github.com/openai/whisper 

Followed the directions to install and run it. And it blew me away. It can translate just about any language into time stamped English text. Even if there is background noise. Even if the language is being sung.

I easily turned a few music videos into karaoke songs by creating srt files that VLC displayed over the video. Tough songs that I could barely understand. 

I had to give it a --patience .85 setting because it would get stuck on really challenging parts of the music. Better to get 99% right quickly than 100% sometime tomorrow.

I also was able to record me speaking Spanish and have it create a sub titles in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment