Sunday, February 25, 2024

Web server running on my IoT replacement project.

 My project to make an open source, open hardware reference platform to replace IoT with locally controlled, diy hardware made a big leap forward a few days ago.


I am aiming at the pico W as a hardware platform because it is powerful with 2 cores and a lot of RAM and storage builtin, as well as wifi and blue tooth. I ran a web server on the main core and ran my own hardware scheduler on the second core and was able to keep turning leds on and off monitoring a motion sensor and reading a dozen sensors while simultaneously serving web pages.

The next step is to write a small web app to control everything remotely and to reconnect the wifi if it disconnects. I am very close to having something I can share on github.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment