Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Weekly ai update


This week I upgraded to the uncensored 7b version of the newly released Llama 2 chatbot ai model.

https://huggingface.co/TheBloke/llama2_7b_chat_uncensored-GGML/tree/main

I run it with llama.cpp :

https://github.com/ggerganov/llama.cpp

I finished putting thumbnails on all my lora and, ti, and checkpoints. I actually found 2 hypernetworks and tried both of them out yesterday and today. gothicRPG_ArtStyle_v1 and IncaseStyle_AnythingV3, but I used it with Anything V5.

Tried out sd upscale but it didn't work for me. Downloaded and installed the Ultimate SD upscale to try it out.

I installed a couple of extensions to automatic1111 that control the aspect ration better. I found an extension that shows the images and and lets you look through everything you have generated easily called, "infinite image browsing."

Found the smallest ai program that uses modern techniques that can run fast on very small computers. I could see just about everyone releasing intelligent devices with $5 computers installed that can talk and listen and tell stories. Crazy how fast ai is moving to the slowest and cheapest computers. It is being called baby llama.

https://github.com/karpathy/llama2.c

The code that performs the magic is less than 500 lines. One of the really cool pieces of code that I had not seen before is the following code before a for loop:

#pragma omp parallel for

This is clever and elegant because if you don't give the flag and library at compile time, the compiler just ignores it, allowing your code to be really simple. But if you compile it with the flags -fopenmp -lomp then those for loops are magically multithreaded and run many times faster than they would otherwise. Planning on rebuilding a bunch of my old code and see how much faster I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment