Mastodon Politics, Power, and Science: Got a BMP280 pressure sensor working on the pico.

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Got a BMP280 pressure sensor working on the pico.

The example code from the adafruit library did not work. I had to hum and figure out to put in the following 2 lines to make it read: 

#define BMP_SCK  (5)

#define BMP_SDA  (4)

The first line was there, but had a different value, the second line was not in the example and didn't see it mentioned on any web site.  I just inferred that it was needed.  

I also had to specify the i2c hardware address.  The example I saw on line the guy was hard coding it in the library, and I didn't think that was right.  I put the address in as an argument on this line: 

status = bmp.begin(0x76);

Now I just need to convert meters into feet and pascals into inches of mercury. 😃 

BMP280 test

Temperature = 25.69 *C

Pressure = 99979.10 Pa

Approx altitude = 112.66 m


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Warning Fatigue to Zero Tolerance: How to Clean Up Your Codebase Warnings for Good

J. Rogers, SE Ohio Walk into any established software company, open the build log, and scroll. What do you see? Thousands of lines of yellow...