Mastodon Politics, Power, and Science: Connecting from macbook to linux using samba.

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Connecting from macbook to linux using samba.

 I was not able to connect to my linux machine from my macbook air using smb. I found the following string:

smb://WORKSPACE%5cUsername@Hostname/Username/

And putting this string into the Connect to Server box I connected right now. Weird that this didn't work in the gui.

That is %5c between the WORKSPACE and Username.


Now it is leaving little ._ files on the network drive when you load an image.  This is supposed to turn those little dot turd files off from the mac side.

defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores -bool true


Then reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Warning Fatigue to Zero Tolerance: How to Clean Up Your Codebase Warnings for Good

J. Rogers, SE Ohio Walk into any established software company, open the build log, and scroll. What do you see? Thousands of lines of yellow...