Monday, March 9, 2020

Next Bigger Tiny House - Temp work area.

Second day.
The weather was perfect. This is where I was starting from the day before. My goal for the day was to get the platform covered for rain that is showing up Tuesday and going on into the next week. I needed the platform to stay dry because it is now insulated and to give me a place to work on building the wall and roof trusses for the tiny house.




I created a trash can by reusing a large bag that a copier came in along with 3 boards to hold it in place, just off the side of the platform. When I put the plastic sheet over this side I went over this trash can so it is accessible from the inside.


Reused pallet straps to brace the plastic sheet. I also put 2x4's across the center 3 walls as bracing.



I finished putting 2x4's as treads on the steps.


Had the plastic sheet up and over the house 3 times and the wind changed directions and I had to get a neighbor to help me.   The plastic sheet is for a big truck trailer and is like 40 feet long by 18 feet wide.


The view from the inside out the side window.  I ran 1x4's that I extended so they would reach from the peak down to the top of the side wall. This was to brace the edge of the roof so the plastic wouldn't tear on the sharp corners of the 2x4.  Taped holes that I made in the sheet having it over the platform to keep it dry.


A 30,000 btu heater.  Was heavy and awkward enough to need 2 people to put on the hanger.


Reused more packing material to create a southern facing window along one side. On a sunny day the entire inside is brightly lit by this window.


Put a tarp up on the other side. Need to trim off a bit from the bottom and put it on that little gap.


Planning on putting in a door. Putting corner braces in the top of the 2x4s that are holding up the plastic sheeting. Hooking up the gas heater. Putting some reflective foil insulation on the inside of the 2x4's for the roof to hold heat inside on a cold day and on a hot day help keep the heat out.

No comments:

Post a Comment